Sunday, November 3, 2013

Terrestria Chronicles

Cover of The Search for Everyman

Have you ever heard of Ed Dunlop? He is a Christian author and has written many books for kids and teens. I have always loved his Sherlock Jones series and my brother loved his Young Refugees series. But it wasn't until my Youth Pastor let me borrow a couple of books that I found--- the Terrestrial Chronicles. 

Follow the prisoner Josiah as he struggles to leave Argamor's dungeon, and as he is pardoned by the very King of Terrestria. You will watch as he struggles with spiritual battles that face you and I every day. In the second book Josiah goes on a pilgrimage for his King and you are invited to journey with him. But my favorite is book three. 

The King has a special mission for Josiah and his friend Prince Selwyn and his sister Gilda. They are to travel to the dungeon of condemnation to deliver a pardon to Everyman. They face many challenges, but learn to rely on the strength of the King. With a powerful message on being a strong witness for Christ this book definitely hit home for me. 

Though the series is targeted to pre-teens, as a seventeen year old I have thoroughly been enjoying it. If you are a fan of John Bunyan, Chuck Black, or other allegorical authors, I highly recommend these books.  This series of allegorical tales will challenge your faith and make you want to do so much more for your King. I'm going to recommend this series for ages ten and up. I will also rate it five out of five two-edged swords. I hope to write again for you soon!

Lance Fillmore (PSEUD)


Here is a link to the Terrestria Chronicles website:  http://www.talesofcastles.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment